MODERATION, THE NEW EXTREME


I spend time pouring over different social media feeds to glean material that someone else might find interesting enough to stop and read. Needless to say I end up reading a lot of tidbits that sometimes pop 
up in everyday conversation. One thing I have noticed is, you can find a "study" to support almost any idea you have in the fitness, health, nutrition world. So how do you decide what advice to take? Every fad diet, juice cleanse or food group that needs to be eliminated supports the idea of extremes. I'm going to suggest a new trend that probably has a study to back it up somewhere too, MODERATION. 
Eat meat sparingly-but eat it, eat fruits and vegetables and gasp! Bread (the dreaded carbs!) but  in moderation. Eat some chocolate once in a while without feeling guilty. And if the Girl Scouts come knocking on your door, buy a few boxes.  
If you feel like you overdid it, go for a walk, hike, bike ride, run, swim, get outside and burn a few calories! Your body will
Thank you. 

Another extreme example, there was a diet a few years ago where you were supposed to stuff yourself for a couple days before starting the diet to see the dramatic weight loss once you started the diet. What??! Extremes!!  I'm convinced I could start a completely new fad with this Moderation idea. Now how do I create a "study" to back me up?

No comments:

Post a Comment